See More Unit Testing With Swift and XCTest
Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
The process of creating an iOS app doesn’t stop with the creation of functional code. At some point you will need to verify that the code you have written satisfies all of your project’s requirements. In this course you’ll learn how to do just that for your iOS and Swift code.
Xcode 6 has a built-in testing framework called XCTest that will allow you to quickly and easily write unit tests in order to verify your code. Get started now and learn how to successfully write basic tests and verify your code using XCTest.
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify your test target and write your first test.
- Different types of assertions.
- Setup and teardown functions.
- Debugging your tests and testing for exceptions.
- Carrying out performance tests.
- Working with mocks, stubs, and dependency injection.
About the Instructor
Derek Jensen is a lifetime nerd who calls the Chicagoland area home. His day job consists of writing highly transactional back-end web services, data access layers, and n-tier applications using the .NET Framework in C#. You can check out his website, follow him on Twitter, and see his profile on GitHub.